Re: Blindness

Subject: Re: Blindness
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 11:19:56 EDT

I would also be interested in finding out about the same. Please post to list!

Glad you enjoyed the article!

Blind people on windows use a program called Jaws which turns all the
display information into speech. However, I don't know if this is
compatiable with just any program, or with certain ones designed to work
with it.

Cheers,
Darren

At 09:24 PM 7/29/99 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello all,
>I've just been reading Darren Copeland's write-up for "Life Unseen" (see
>http://www.interlog.com/~darcope/unseen.html), and am interested to know
>whether any work at all has been done towards developing music software,
>etc, for the use of blind people. How would this be done? Voice
>activated?
>
>Best,
>Judith

Darren Copeland

--------
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.interlog.com/~darcope

Click on New Adventures in Sound for more information about Sound Travels.

For info about the CEC, contact their web site at:
http://cec.concordia.ca