Re: PAE - personal observance

Subject: Re: PAE - personal observance
From: Anomalous Records Eric (eric@anomalousrecords.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 02:40:06 EDT

At 5:48 PM -0700 7/20/99, Naut Humon wrote:
>Ralf Wehowsky - this was the first ever mention to
> a REMIX type project - the lineup of remixers
>is incredible! All impressionistic soundfields
>and computer electronics etc.

As one of the participants in this project, I would like to say this is not
a 'remix' project, although some of the tracks on there could be considered
that. When I was asked to submit something for this, I wasn't asked to
remix a piece, but do a 'cover' of one of his pieces, and in fact my final
contribution is a new piece, which started from my version of one of his
pieces. Several other tracks are also entirely original, like Steve
Roden's. Also, Jim O'Rourke is one of the 'remixers' on this, does that
not cause any conflict? Or did you even consider the whole 5 CDs of this
set? Maybe just a portion of it was submittedŠ

Eric Lanzillotta
<eric@anomalousrecords.com>

Anomalous Records
P.O. Box 22195, Seattle, WA 98122-0195, USA
telephone: (206) 328-9339 fax: (206) 328-9408
<http://www.anomalousrecords.com/> or <http://209.221.136.101>
<http://www.anomalousrecords.com/Streamline/>