Re: IMHO, dat stat...

Subject: Re: IMHO, dat stat...
From: Neil Wiernik (naw@techno.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 22:50:59 EDT

A sound card is just that, if you look at the back of your machine youll
see a bunch of slots that are either filled or have stuff sticking out
of them (which makes them filled technically to). Its in there that a
sound card would fit and they would act like your rca jacks at the back
of your machine. I believe what you are talking about is digi init or
some other sound driver which are extensions on the mac OS to make your
machine speak to the digital sound code in a way that you and I
understand it.
Hows that for some info.
By the way Im using one of the sony portable series DAT machines and Ive
had no problems with it. If I remember correctly I bought it in Montreal
at a store on the south side of St Catherine corner Bleury he gives
great prices on portable digital sony products.
And in Toronto there really is no cheap place but I would recommend
either Bay Bloor or Long and McCwade (sp?) Bay bloor sell mosr sony
portables but they are not cheap.
For second hand in Toronto go to Song Bird but good luck finding one
second hand and besides the point I would never buy a recording device
second hand ever.
my 2 cents......
Neil..

--