Re: IMHO, dat stat...

Subject: Re: IMHO, dat stat...
From: dave solursh (dsolursh@georgian.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 21:52:32 EDT

Hay Sophia, do you have a sound card? I am not experienced with the new
mac G3's (I am dieing to though) But I didn't know that mac's came with
digital In's and out's. Ignore me if you already have a card, but I
would recommend looking at a Digidesign "Audiomedia 3", this card allows
you to bring good quality digi. and analog. sound in and out of your mac.
You can also run programs which rely on the brains of the card to do
complex sound processing.
        I hope I am helping, Little Dave.

> Thanks for the quick responses. The other thing I forgot to mention is
>that I have
>a G3 Mac with RCA jacks, which I would like to be able to go in and out of
>freely.
>What are digital outputs? Prongy things? Plus... isn't compression
>generally bad
>for sound, unless it can be uncompressed to its natural state? This stereo
>box I have
>has compressed sound output - if there is a loud sound it grabs hold of it
>really
>quickly and pulls it down, and it really destroys the natural space of
>what's being
>played. I'm not sure if this is a different kind of compression than the
>mini disc?
>
>Sophia
>
>PS The real Spinoza was ex-communicated from his Jewish community for
>believing in
>pantheism. He thought all human emotions and actions to be as natural as
>Nature
>herself, oops - itself.

LITTLE DAVE 0 0
                         /