Re: IMHO, dat stat...

Subject: Re: IMHO, dat stat...
From: Sophia Male (spinoza@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 22:38:42 EDT

  Thanks for the quick responses. The other thing I forgot to mention is that I have
a G3 Mac with RCA jacks, which I would like to be able to go in and out of freely.
What are digital outputs? Prongy things? Plus... isn't compression generally bad
for sound, unless it can be uncompressed to its natural state? This stereo box I have
has compressed sound output - if there is a loud sound it grabs hold of it really
quickly and pulls it down, and it really destroys the natural space of what's being
played. I'm not sure if this is a different kind of compression than the mini disc?

Sophia

PS The real Spinoza was ex-communicated from his Jewish community for believing in
pantheism. He thought all human emotions and actions to be as natural as Nature
herself, oops - itself.