Re: observances, etc.

Subject: Re: observances, etc.
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 16:04:49 EDT

>But I
>can't see how anyone in full-time employment (of any kind) can do this
>unless significant money is thrown at the event and 'sitting on a jury' is
>given sufficient academic credence to get people like myself, in academic
>employ, released from other duties.

If a meeting in person is avoided altogether through this process, then the
money saved from airfare and hotels can go towards a fee that might account
for at least a week's worth of listening. Timing would then be the only
tricky problem.

Darren Copeland

--------
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.interlog.com/~darcope

Click on New Adventures in Sound for more information about Sound Travels.

For info about the CEC, contact their web site at:
http://cec.concordia.ca