Re: Give for Russolo

Subject: Re: Give for Russolo
From: Kevin Busby (busbykg@novell2.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 06:56:06 EDT

At 4:48 pm -0400 26/7/99, BLANCHARD wrote:

>The second reason, very important for the durability of the competition, is
>that since 2 years the region of LOMBARDIE has decided no longer to
>subsidize the foundation Russolo. I remind that political ideas in this
>region are facists. And, FRANCO MAFFINA, 78 years, is considered an
>historically actor as important within the Italian left.

Isn't this (correct me if I'm wrong!) slightly ironic, given the political
leanings of the Futurists?

Not, however, as ironic as the sloppy use of political labels on a list
otherwise obsessed with dissecting sentences! ;-)

KB

--
Kevin Busby, Studio Manager, Department of Music, University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, England. Tel: +44-(0)121-414 5785.