Re: observances, etc.

Subject: Re: observances, etc.
From: Hans Tutschku (Hans.Tutschku@ircam.fr)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 05:11:27 EDT

They could request composers to submit five CDR copies of their
>submissions so that all of the jury members can go through the works
>privately in their own home over an extended period of time before coming
>together for discussion? This obviously brings in other expenses, but then
>it also removes the necessity for them to meet at all, which is the most
>expensive option of all!

This is what was done for the selection in Rio this year.

And will be done for the jury in Sao Paulo for the third CIMESP.
(see http://sites.uol.com.br/flomenezes/cimesp.html )
The jury members get copies and listen at home to the *entire*
pieces. When the jury meets, everybody comes with a list of his "top
fifteen", they listen again, discuss. .
As every jury member know the pieces he preferes, he can defend them much
more substantially, than saying "I didn't like this 3-min excerpt".

Hans

Hans Tutschku
http://www.multimania.com/hanstutschku