Re: [RE: observances]

Subject: Re: [RE: observances]
From: matt kober (mattkober@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 01:08:02 EDT

I don't know, neil... I personally think that being afraid of words is
a dangerous thing. (smacks of fascism!) Words tend to gain new
meanings and significance as time progresses, no? Words like "techno",
"commune" or "hoe" attain different meaning and status in regards to
their context. Using the word Nazi to describe someone as being
fascistic can be harsh, maybe, but it doesn't diminish the gravity and
obscenity of what occurred during WWII. It's just that the word itself
has gained a new facet, like calling something a "mickey mouse"
operation... think about the reaction to the seinfeld sitcom episode
with the "soup-nazi".

i'm gonna go turn off the radio, they're playing Wagner again...

M@