Re: observances

Subject: Re: observances
From: Anomalous Records Eric (eric@anomalousrecords.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 04:15:18 EDT

At 10:51 AM -0400 7/17/99, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>Most of the jury statement, however, is nonsense. Gee, I can identify the
>software used to produce that; might as well say I know a clarinet is
>playing that tune. Saying the software is manipulating the u

I think the point, which I believe is relevant, is that most of these
pieces basically end up sounding like demos for the software and have no
really input. Basically you are hearing the same techniques used over and
over and over and not seeing anyone really actually do anything, just
process their sounds and churn out another piece like everyone else's.

Eric Lanzillotta
<eric@anomalousrecords.com>

Anomalous Records
P.O. Box 22195, Seattle, WA 98122-0195, USA
telephone: (206) 328-9339 fax: (206) 328-9408
<http://www.anomalousrecords.com/> or <http://209.221.136.101>
<http://www.anomalousrecords.com/Streamline/>