Re: [Re: [RE: observances]]

Subject: Re: [Re: [RE: observances]]
From: Neil Wiernik (naw@techno.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 11:54:29 EDT

I have to agree as a child of a holocaust survivior, I see a fundamental
problem with the liberal use of the words Nazi and Hitler. I recently got
into a huge flame war on the techno list about this issue. One list member
refering to Mike Harris as a hitler icon.
I can not say it better then Linda other then when we use the terms Nazi
and Hitler as comparision to others more right winged persons or groups it
only helps to deminish and trivialise what had happened to 6 million plus
persons during the second world war.
FGOr me personally it only mankes me angery at the fact the there are
people who are helping to allow others to forget that my own family was
murdered and forced in to the death camps and ghettos.
Please be very carefull when using such terminalogy, I mean do we refer to
dictaors as being a polpot protogy?
I think not as for the smae reasons we should not do the same with Nazism
or Hitler...

Thanks

Neil...

--