Re: Why Computer Music Sucks

Subject: Re: Why Computer Music Sucks
From: Dac Chartrand (conner@videotron.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 23:34:19 EDT

> "The very existence of all those kids goofing around with sampling on
> the family Macintosh has helped to stir an interest in novel musical
> approaches in general and music made with computers in particular that
> is broader than ever.

The article on the site is excellent !!! but (yet again) those over 30
involved in the production of high-art and commercial music and their
inclusion of the macintosh as the catalysing system that will shape
music to come is not based in a social reality.

I don't want to start a platform war but those throwing out analysis of
the youth and their position within the creation of music fail to notice
the huge amount of production that is being distributed without a market
based on the trade of sound as commodity exist now and is not done on
the same computer they used when they started out. I think that a
serious analysis of "things to come" should pay more attention of what
is going on now - especially when claiming to speak outside of
commercial and academic privilege.

Liberation of all sound for all.

--
Alone Counter Productions / Intellectual Militia Recordings
Hammer have you seen her? http://pages.infinit.net/acp/