Re: UNIX scanner driver?

Subject: Re: UNIX scanner driver?
From: Michael A. Thompson (mat0001@jove.acs.unt.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 20:45:50 EDT

Larry Austin wrote:

> Friends:
>
> Anyone out there who can point me to a UNIX
> scanner driver, specifically the Epson Perfection 636,
> which I want to add to my SGI O2 system?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Larry Austin

Have you tried xscanimage.... I think it comes with the GIMP 1.0 for
SGI. Look here:
http://www.easysw.com/~mike/gimp/index.html
I think the scanner stuff is in the file SANE 1.0.. its a tardist so
Netscape will start Software Manager to install.
I dont have a scanner so I dont know if it will work...

I dont think the SANE stuff is included on the SGI freeware site for
GIMP 1.0.2
Michael

--
Michael A. Thompson