Re: multi channel audio editing

Subject: Re: multi channel audio editing
From: Mihalic Alexander (mihalic@club-internet.fr)
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 18:45:18 EDT

>Hi!!
>
>anyone knows if exists any "multi channel audio editing software" for
>MAC???
>
>allowing to edit up to 4 channels in an audio file???

You can use Sound Edit Pro. I think it's better then other soft, beacause
it's Direct to Disc.

Softs like Logic and others can't open one file with four channels inside
(result of CSound calculation I supose?!). These softwars doesn't recognise
more then two channels and they make split to one channel (it's right Hans)
- (but with last version of Logic you can open stereo file without split!).

It's not same to have 24 independent channels with mono files in PT and one
file with four channels inside, dear Jorge!

The best way for your work is split one "four channel" file in four "mono
channel" files with SoundHack - I use this way.

Alex

--

Alexander Mihalic e-mail: mailto:mihalic@club-internet.fr web: http://www.multimania.com/mihalic