Re: CDs/books for reviewing: Membership

Subject: Re: CDs/books for reviewing: Membership
From: sdbeck@lsu.edu
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 10:45:37 EDT

SEAMUS, the Society for Electro-Acoustic Music in the United States, is an
organization which represents composers, performers, educators and students of
electroacoustic music in the United States. Our activities include:

* annual National Conferences (SEAMUS Y2K at University of North Texas, SEAMUS
2001 at Louisiana State University)
* SEAMUS Compact Disk series (8 disks so far)
* ElectroAcoustic Music Week (2nd week every November)
* SEAMUS AudioClip Web Concert
* JournalSEAMUS (published twice yearly)
* SEAMUS Newsletter (published three times yearly)
* ASCAP/SEAMUS Student Commission Competition
* EMF/SEAMUS Electroacoustic Opportunities E-newsletter/Database (E-newsletter
is monthly)

Our membership stands at about 430 members, and the organization is funded
entirely by member dues. Members receive Compact Disks when issued, the
newsletter, journal, subscription to Opportunities E-newsletter, subscription to
seamus-l, and discounts to national conference. Basic membership dues are USD
$35.--

For more information and membership forms, see our web site.
http://comp.music.lsu.edu/seamus/

Stephen David Beck
President, SEAMUS