CDs/books/Membership of ea/cm organizations

Subject: CDs/books/Membership of ea/cm organizations
From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz (bathory@maltedmedia.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 19:51:20 EDT

Regarding Ian's post ... I'm not sure if Kalvos & Damian counts as an
'organization' per se, but we probably broadcast/cybercast as much EAM as
you'll hear outside a festival (playlists:
http://www.goddard.edu/kalvos/playlst.html), celebrate EAM week with many
extra hours of programming, and bust the proverbial buns to get the music
'out there'. So here goes:

Kalvos & Damian's New Music Bazaar (http://kalvos.org/) is a radio show and
website bringing composers to the wider world through their music,
interviews, pictures, photos, artwork, essays, biographies, attitudes,
catalogs and ideas. The Bazaar exists solely to present the eclectic world
of newly composed music in a try-it-you'll-like-it format, and to connect
composers with each other and with audiences. This statement is from our
FAQ, found here: http://www.goddard.edu/kalvos/faq.html

The K&D hosts are composers Dennis Bathory-Kitsz and David Gunn.

Our 'membership' is made up of the guests who appear on the show. No fees
are charged, but contributions are welcome. A full list of guests is here:
http://www.goddard.edu/kalvos/cmpindx.html Submissions for broadcast are
encouraged.

Kalvos & Damian is sponsored by a number of individuals and organizations,
and is produced by MaltedMedia. Our website is housed by Goddard College,
and our broadcast originates from WGDR-FM community radio. K&D cybercasts
in RealAudio and Shoutcast.

The K&D Board of Advisors includes Jacques Bailhé, Los Angeles; Gary
Barwin, Hamilton, Ontario; Canary Burton, Wellfleet, Massachusetts; Rhys
Chatham, Paris; Maria DeAlvear, Cologne; Dennis DeSantis, New Haven; Nick
Didkovsky, New York City; David Dramm, Amsterdam; Matthew H. Fields,
A.Mus.D., Ann Arbor; Jeff Harrington, New York City; William Harris,
Middlebury, Vermont; Anne La Berge, Amsterdam; Mary Jane Leach, New York
City; Peggy Madden, Randolph, Vermont; Linda Catlin Smith, Toronto; Laurie
Spiegel, New York City; Richard Tolenaar, New York City.

Our email address is kalvos@kalvos.org
Kalvos can be reached and 802-485-3972 and Damian at 802-244-1747
Our postal address is 176 Cox Brook Road, Northfield VT 05663 USA

The K&D website contains over 3,000 documents and 500 hours of audio and
interviews, and was recently called "far and away the Web's best new music
resourcse" in this article written by Kyle Gann in the Village Voice:
http://www.villagevoice.com/arts/9927/gann.shtml (He also noted for those
interested in a recent listserv discussion that we "have filled out a
multidimensional musical world utterly free from the taint of academicism.")

Kalvos & Damian is in its fifth year, and has broadcast 217 weekly
programs. Among our other projects are on-line composer mentoring, remote
cybercasts, live concerts in our performance studio, and web resource
listings.

Dennis