Re: competition entry fees

Subject: Re: competition entry fees
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 16:13:33 EDT

>I notice with interest that it is 25$ to enter the 21st Luigi russolo
>with a DAT only submission. I have made informal enquiries as to
>whether Europeans can write Eurocheques and make submissions
>on CD. Will post results.

My guess is that with dwindling subsidies for fringe art-forms, the
competitions become like a poker game - with winner taking all. 50
submissions for $25 makes $1250 to start with - not including jury expenses.

Of course I'm not basing this on experience, just making a wild guess.

Darren Copeland

--------
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.interlog.com/~darcope

Click on New Adventures in Sound for more information about Sound Travels.

For info about the CEC, contact their web site at:
http://cec.concordia.ca