competition entry fees

Subject: competition entry fees
From: A.J. Moore (A.J.Moore@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 10:02:46 EDT

I would be interested to know when and why competitions require
an entry fee in addition to keeping the entries in
the so-called DAT/CD archives. (I understand the need to charge but
find it strange that some have been free for many years and then
change, and others have been free and remain to be so).

I notice with interest that it is 25$ to enter the 21st Luigi russolo
with a DAT only submission. I have made informal enquiries as to
whether Europeans can write Eurocheques and make submissions
on CD. Will post results.

AJM