Re: observances, etc.

Subject: Re: observances, etc.
From: Eric Somers (somers@sunydutchess.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 23:46:33 EDT

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz penned:

[deleted stuff]

>It ain't the Sixties no more, and that was my point in the

[more deletions]

>they were trying to 'get nineties' (rejecting music
>that met "no commercial imperative") while simultaneously 'getting sixties'

[deleted stuff]

(invoking Hendrix -- no surprise, another
>Sixties icon) as if that murky mix were somehow a great sea of originality.

Alas, Dennis, I am afraid my age does show. I was a "sixties" college
student and I guess I have to admit to still having a sixties aesthetic
bias. On the other hand it was in the sixties that I discovered Larry
Austin and Robert Ashley. So maybe I am not totally hopeless? :>)

- Eric