Fwd (sorry)

Subject: Fwd (sorry)
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 10:19:21 EDT

Sender: root@sndart.cemi.unt.edu

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 06:53:06 -0500
From: Larry Austin <austin@sndart.cemi.unt.edu>

Naut Humon wrote:

> I leave you all with Kodwo Eshun's article for the Prix
> Ars Cyber Arts publication to be released in September
> at the festival. Its great to see the sparks fly!!

>>Eshun writes, "Digital processes generate new kinds of chaos; music
organizes this into what Felix Guattari termed a chaosmos. 1999 was the
year in which the Prix Ars Electronica heard the chaosmos, the year in
which danger and unknowing returned to the unstable media of digital
musics."

Larry Austin observes: Gobbledegook! (def.: a language characterized
by circumlocution and jargon). And, though I have heard none of these
commercial products, I would expect that the music is gobbledegook as well.

Larry Austin

end fwd