Re: Packinging of Music

Subject: Re: Packinging of Music
From: a l an b am f o rd (alanb@lavalink.com.au)
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 04:39:33 EDT

gabbling on about Packinging of Music Eric was heard to mutter...

> I saw this principle in effect several years ago when I bought Gavin
> Bryars "Sinking of the Titanic." Up to then most people thought of Bryars
> as an "experimental" composer most known for "The Blood of Jesus Never
> Failed Me Yet" ...

pedant mode *on*

'Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet'

made by looping a phrase from a street preacher.

from the spontaneos song of a homeless alcoholic

But the
> whole ambient movement then hit and my copy of "Sinking. . ." had a big
> label pasted over the cover advertising "63 minutes of pure ambience" or
> some such thing. I am sure they sold copies to people who would otherwise
> not have purchased "experimental tape music."

that'd be nice then... Im sure the music is stronger than the label as far as lasting impressions go....
Its one of my favourite pieces of all time...

ab
"Love is not love that alters when it alteration finds"
Wild Bill Shakespeare.