Re: Prix Ars Electronic 99 (Computer Music)...my 2 centimes...

Subject: Re: Prix Ars Electronic 99 (Computer Music)...my 2 centimes...
From: Anomalous Records Eric (eric@anomalousrecords.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 14:52:50 EDT

At 9:33 AM +1000 7/4/99, a l an b am f o rd wrote:
>I think it needs to be said that the likes of Aphex Twin and Fennez do not
>make buckets of loot from their music.

Huh? Did Aphex Twin buy a tank (you know military vehicle) with his spare
profits from music and just sit around and make music all day with no other
source of income? This is what I seemed to gather from fans of his music.
My impression is that he actually does make bucket loads of loot from his
music. Fennesz (and others) on the other hand, probably don't clear nearly
as much. By the same token, some people who play rock music are
sickeningly rich, but one must not forget that most of them are incredibly
poor too.

Eric Lanzillotta
<eric@anomalousrecords.com>

Anomalous Records
P.O. Box 22195, Seattle, WA 98122-0195, USA
telephone: (206) 328-9339 fax: (206) 328-9408
<http://www.anomalousrecords.com/> or <http://209.221.136.101>
<http://www.anomalousrecords.com/Streamline/>