Fwd: Call for Papers...

Subject: Fwd: Call for Papers...
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 10:44:41 EDT

Given the latest theme of discussion, I thought I'd forward this along from
the radio-studies list. Please reply to organizers listed below, and not me.

Cheers!
Darren

>Call for Papers
>
>Computers and Popular Culture Area
>
>of the
>
>Southwest/Texas Popular Culture Association &
>Southwest/Texas American Culture Association
>2000 Regional Meeting
>

>February 9-12, 2000
>Sheraton Old Town
>Albuquerque, New Mexico
>
>Please send individual presentation, panel presentation, and workshop
>proposals on any facet of the connection between computers and
>popular or American cultures to:
>

>Sabrina Peters-Whitehead
>Department of English
>Texas Tech University
>MS 43091
>Lubbock, TX 79409-3091
>fax: (806) 742-0989
>email: sabrinalee@ttu.edu
>
>Topic areas for presentations include, but are not limited to:
>
>*Popular Culture and the Computer-based Classroom
>*Computer-based Pedagogies and Learning Environments
>*Internet and Cyber Cultures
>*Virtual Worlds vs. Physical Worlds
>*Internet Gaming Cultures
>*Computers and the Changing Workplace Culture
>*Cultures of Telecommuting
>*Computers and the Changing Nature of Communication
>*Gender and On-line Cultures
>*Electronic Self(s)
>*Electronic Democracy
>*Information Overload and Digital Cultures
>*Religion in the Electronic Age
>

>Please submit 200-word abstracts or panel proposals by
>December 1, 1999
>
>Graduate students are eligible for the Peter C. Rollins Prize and the
>Michael K. Shoeneke Award. For information on graduate awards see
>http://www2.okstate.edu/swpca/Prizes.htm. As with past conferences,
>presented papers can be published on a CD -ROM proceedings. For
>more information about the conference, contact the area chairs above, or
>see the conference web site at: http://www2.okstate.edu/swpca/

Darren Copeland

--------
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.interlog.com/~darcope

Click on New Adventures in Sound for more information about Sound Travels.

For info about the CEC, contact their web site at:
http://cec.concordia.ca