Algo-comp list announcement

Subject: Algo-comp list announcement
From: Jamie Bullock (j.b.bullock@bham.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 11:43:14 EDT

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear All,

I thought I might mention that a new list has been started which is
dedicated to discussion regarding algorithmic composition.

It describes itself as follows:

"The algo-comp list is devoted to the theory and practice of using
algorithms to
assist in the process of creating music. Many subscribers will use computers
for
this, but a computer is not necessary. Dice and the I Ching, to name two
examples, have also been used to great effect by leading composers."

The URL for subscriptions is as follows:

http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/algo-comp

Regards,

Jamie Bullock