Viva Zapata!!

Subject: Viva Zapata!!
From: Larry Austin (austin@sndart.cemi.unt.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 04 1999 - 12:35:56 EDT

Dear friends and consultants!

Viva Zapata! Thanks to colleagues Tom Hamilton, Stephen
Rieck, and Dennis Bathory-Kitsz, I have un-tuned the
phantom radio Mexico!

It was, indeed, a grounding problem! The mixer and the Teac didn't
share a common grounded AC source. The Mexicans went away
completely, when I connected the 2-prong Teac plug to a grounded
cord, then to the common power strip with the mixer!

So...it was and it wasn't the 1973 Teac. It was the Teac, in that
it had a 2-prong AC plug; it wasn't the Teac, because Austin
had failed to notice the grounding fix.

So...thanks to all for tuning me out!

Larry Austin