Re: PAE-99 ...my 2 centimes...

Subject: Re: PAE-99 ...my 2 centimes...
From: Eric Somers (somers@sunydutchess.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 04 1999 - 10:09:12 EDT

Kevin Austin wrote:
>It might be that one would note the kinds of publications that are of
>central interest.
>
>"And in the blue corner, weighing in at 238 kg is the team of: The
>Computer Music Journal and The Computer Music Tutorial.
>
>In the red corner, leaner and meaner, is the team of: [Could someone
>suggest for the old fuddy-duddies here, a suitable completion of this
>phrase?]"

. . . is the team of The Wire (a very good UK publication) and Music -- a
NYC publication that so far has put out three issues. (We all start
somewhere.)

an older, but not so fuddy-duddy,
 Eric

P.S. The Wire has had huge features on Stockhausen, Henri, et. al. and the
most recent issue of Music makes mention of Cage, Lucier, Mumma and Ashley.
 One has to think those working in younger, less academic, genres of e-a
(and of experimental acoustic music) are not as closed to influences from
the academic "masters" as are some of the "masters" to taking a look at
what these young artists are doing. Flame away.