Re: the electronic arts prize

Subject: Re: the electronic arts prize
From: Alexandra Hettergott (a.hettergott@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 13:42:18 EDT

Larry Austin wrote:
>they think (and pay big money) in terms of the "product" and
>its saleability to the mass culture.

Apart from "them" and their making big money, however, I don't see anything so bad in
this distribution and putting at disposal of "true" art products to the masses (yet
this might rather be a political item...); I am, however, still of the modest opinion
that the offer does also determine the demand, hence, an increasing of the "level of
the common (and the commerce)" might rather be a task worth being pursued..., isn't
it?
Sincerely,
Alexandra Hettergott.

_______________________