Re: PAE, music etc

Subject: Re: PAE, music etc
From: Geoffroy Montel (Geoffroy.Montel@insalien.org)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 08:40:57 EDT

> 2. Can anyone give me examples of where cross-over musical styles have
> yielded long term musical unfolding (other than drones, loops, repetitive
> rhythmic cells)? I would like to hear!

That's not exactly what you're asking but you should give a listen to
Gastr del Sol's "Upgrade & Afterlife".
In my opinion, that's a remarkable piece of work: wonderful blend
of ea and guitar tunes a la John Fahey.
BTW, Jim O'Rourke was involved in that record; maybe one will
better understand the Prix Ars Digital Musics results :) (he
was a member of the jury)

Geoffroy