Re: PAD

Subject: Re: PAD
From: CC (klong@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 12:34:29 EDT

Anomalous Records wrote:

> I mean it apples and oranges if you compare collaging your own material and
> appropriating other's works, isn't it?

In the studio, the difference is purely a question of taste and intent.
Yes, definitely more intent than fashion.
There are some people who think music is not yet made even when you find a
neat sound combination. Also the idea behind the whole "objet sonore' thing
is not about where this sound comes from, but about what we hear in the sound.
And eventually, how do we hear it; but that's the acousmatic gravel road.

Christian