silencer box

Subject: silencer box
From: Lawrence Harvey (lharvey@hotkey.net.au)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 19:18:02 EDT

Has anyone built a "silencer" box in which to place a studio computer?

I've seen a couple in studios and they tend to be much larger than the CPU,
which I assume is for reason of air flow around the unit itself. At least
in Australia, commercial units are not readily available. Computer
suppliers have no idea why you would want to reduce the noise coming from a
computer, and office suppliers say commercial units would be too expensive
for the market.

Any tips for construction such as fan position, air volume required,
baffles and ports etc would be appreciated.
Lawrence