Re: Prix Ars Digital Musics results

Subject: Re: Prix Ars Digital Musics results
From: Katharine Norman (K.Norman@gold.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 12:39:13 EDT

>>However, I do wonder how much the winning was influences by who the judges
>>were. For example, I know Jim O'Rourke knows and has worked with about 6
>>of the people on the list and I believe is even included in Ralf Wehowsky's
>>work "Tulpas" (which is a 5 CD set with many artists featured).
>>

>An interesting point of fact is that the competition rules specify that the
>jury members can nominate works that were not submitted.
>
>Darren Copeland

and Scanner has worked with Aphex Twin hasn't he?...

*****
Dr Katharine Norman
Director
Electronic Music Studios
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London SE14 6NW

+44 (0)171 919 7986 (direct) +44 (0)171 919 7643 (studio)
+44 (0)171 919 7640 (music dept office)
fax (0)171 919 7644 email: K.Norman@gold.ac.uk
http://musicinfo.gold.ac.uk/music/staff/norman.html
*****