Re: Prix Ars Digital Musics results

Subject: Re: Prix Ars Digital Musics results
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 12:18:32 EDT

>There seem to be some reservations about the way judging for the prize
>was carried out. If those are true it must be sorted out - but the
>principle of recognising that the field is now much broader and more
>varied is, IMHO, a good one, and can only be healthier in the long run.
>We have little to lose and a lot to gain from embracing these moves and
>making sure we are part of them.
>
>Best
>
>Lawrence

Pardon me for rewinding the conversation back a little bit...

I agree that diversity must be embraced, but that the individual styles or
genres should be treated separately because they are really made with
completely different motivations. This would prevent also any ganging up of
one style or grouping of artists.

Darren Copeland

--------
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.interlog.com/~darcope

Click on New Adventures in Sound for more information about Sound Travels.

For info about the CEC, contact their web site at:
http://cec.concordia.ca