Re: Re: NY ea presenters

Subject: Re: Re: NY ea presenters
From: THamiltn@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 12:00:45 EDT

>Outside of the colleges and universities, and excluding the pop forms of
>e-a (techno etc. which is widely performed in clubs in NYC) the only venue
>I can personally think of which offers a regular series every year is
>Experimental Intermedia run by Phil Niblock. He runs a couple of series a
>year -- very good stuff in my opinion.

Some other presenters that come to mind:

The Kitchen
Roulette
Interpretations series (usually at Merkin Hall)
Staten Island New and Electronic Music Festival
Greenwich Music School Stormy Monday series
Whitney Museum at Phillip Morris
Creative Time
Warmer by the Stove/Cooler in the Shade (descr. in my last posting)
Here
Thread Waxing Space

...and so on.

All of the above have featured electronic music on some continuing basis.

*TOM*