Oz Iteration Conf fwd

Subject: Oz Iteration Conf fwd
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 07:45:13 EDT

Subj: First Iteration Conference

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:54:28 +1000 (EST)
From: First Iteration Conference <iterate@cs.monash.edu.au>
Subject: First Iteration Conference

Hello Australian Computer Music people. The following will be of interest
to you I hope. Please consider submitting. Student submissions are welcome
too (of course!)

Regards,
Alan Dorin & Jon McCormack.

             --O-> FIRST ITERATION <-O--

             A Conference on Generative
   Computational Processes in the Electronic Arts

               December 1st-3rd 1999,
                Melbourne, Australia

         http://www.cs.monash.edu.au/iterate

First Iteration begins an annual series of conferences for those
interested in generative computational processes in the electronic
arts.

The event is intended to provide an environment conducive to
discourse between artists and researchers in this exciting area of
new media art.

The symposium will include presentations that focus on technical and
aesthetic ideas in generative electronic art, covering a range of
theoretical and practical issues. Presentation forms will include
(but are not limited to) scholarly papers, artist's talks, software
and hardware demo's, performances, video, sound, poster, still-image,
architectural and installation work.

Please visit the conference website for details including the
call-for-submissions and participation, as well as a more detailed
description of the event's focus and speakers.

Enquiries are welcome by email to the organizers at the address below.
We look forward to seeing you for our summer in Melbourne.

---
Conference chairs:  Jon McCormack & Alan Dorin
Conference email:   iterate@cs.monash.edu.au
Conference website: http://www.cs.monash.edu.au/iterate

-- First Iteration, http://www.cs.monash.edu.au/iterate Conference on Generative Systems in the Electronic Arts 1-3 December 1999, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.

end fwd