Re: AT822 et eclipse

Subject: Re: AT822 et eclipse
From: Thomas Gerwin (inter.art.project@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 04:39:42 EDT

Hi Sophia;

I like your idea a lot. The eclipse will be very in Karlsruhe, Germany.
A lot of tourists will come here to see it, you can buy black sunglasses
everywhere already now. The mayor gave a way a commission to Oskar Sala
from Berlin (He made i.e. the film music for Hitchkock's "The Birds") to
compose an electronic piece which should be played during the whole two
hour-sequence from the beginning to the end of the eclipse.
This wil be recorded be TV etc. I myself will go into the deep forest to
record the birds and forest animals during this time.

I would be interested to share and exchange recordings of this "event".

Best

--
Thomas Gerwin
i n t e r   a r t   p r o j e c t

---> For more information (including sound!), please visit <--- http://www.swo.de/ThomasGerwin

Sophia Male schrieb: > > It would be a good idea if everyone recorded their experiece of the > eclipse, in all these different parts of the world, and then the > individual moments and places could be (re)assembled together in a sort > of orbital moment, following the order the eclipse was seen... but > can't you only see it from some places anyway? I read Northern Canada > was a good spot. > > in any case the eclipse is very exciting > > Sophia > > Geoffroy Montel wrote: > > > Neil Wiernik a écrit : > > > > > > Sounds like a good idea any one up for a like streaming broadcast > > > of Live EA? > > > Neil... > > > > I think I'd prefer looking at the eclipse instead of sitting in front > > of my computer for a live EA, but anyway, that's not a bad idea! > > > > I thought of a collaboration where many people would record the > > soundscape during the eclipse (which only lasts for about 2 minutes), > > then people would make the sounds available for the others, and > > one could mix them in order to make his own piece of work. > > I was told animals go to sleep during the eclipse, that would > > be interesting to listen to... > > > > Just my two cents of euro, > > > > Geoffroy