Re: Prix Ars Digital Musics results

Subject: Re: Prix Ars Digital Musics results
From: Katharine Norman (K.Norman@gold.ac.uk)
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 09:33:44 EDT

>> They say scheduled revolutions never happen, but those that are hoped for,
>> obviously do. It is apparent that revolutionary changes in the area of
>>digital
>> music do not take place in secret. There are several reasons why the
>>results of
>> the Prix Ars Electronica in the category "digital musics" are worthy of the
>> attribute revolutionary. For the first time, the award-winning artists do

personally, I believe the Prix Ars Electronica are talking out of their Ars
 of course, I'm speaking purely academically...

*****
Dr Katharine Norman
Director
Electronic Music Studios
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London SE14 6NW

+44 (0)171 919 7986 (direct) +44 (0)171 919 7643 (studio)
+44 (0)171 919 7640 (music dept office)
fax (0)171 919 7644 email: K.Norman@gold.ac.uk
http://musicinfo.gold.ac.uk/music/staff/norman.html
*****