Re: Hmmmmm

Subject: Re: Hmmmmm
From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz (bathory@maltedmedia.com)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 21:10:17 EDT

At 18 29 05 25 1999 +1000, you wrote:
>I should get permission from the composer and/or publisher even if it's
>just two bars or so, shouldn't I?

Ha. How much is a quote from the Twilight Zone theme worth? For the estate
of Bernard Herrmann, it's quite a bit. Composer (and K&D co-host) David
Gunn has to ante up some 5% of any sales on his entire CD to quote 16 notes
(those 4 notes played 4 times in a row, no harmony...) in one of 17 pieces.
I just can't wait for Herrmann to write his next tune, since the copyright
law encourages creation of new works. Bernie? You there? Seems pretty
quiet... In the meantime, next customer, please take a number, and sshhh!
We don't whistle while we work... don't dare...

Dennis
http://kalvos.org/