Re: Hmmmmm

Subject: Re: Hmmmmm
From: philip thompson (pntst6+@pitt.edu)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 10:23:30 EDT

I'm curious as to whether anyone else thinks their may be an analogy between
audio sampling and collage in visual art. I've never seen a collage that
credited all the various sources used, and and I've never heard of a collage
artist getting busted for including copyrighted materials (say a fragment of
text from a novel or a part of an image from a magazine) in a piece. I think
this might connect to what Kevin Busby was saying about recontextualization.

Best,

Phil