Re: Hmmmmm

Subject: Re: Hmmmmm
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 07:19:05 EDT

Christophe asked ...

>I am curious to know how many people here have had this horrible experience
>of being "sampled" (with details, so that we know what was sampled from what
>) and why they are angry about having been sampled.

This year, in preparing the EuCuE concert series, we had the "experience"
of receiving a sampled work, where the 'composer' had 'sampled' an 18
minute excerpt of someone elses'. (The story about how it was discovered
is cute, and involves people on three sides of the continent.)

kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca