Re: Hmmmmm

Subject: Re: Hmmmmm
From: christophe charles (charles@tkd.att.ne.jp)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 10:24:41 EDT

At 21:22 99.5.22, matt kober wrote:
> I`m curious because I was sampled once and I`m not sure how I feel
> about it yet.
>
> perplexedly

one should enjoy, be glad or even proud of being "sampled". In the domain of
philosophy, when someone quotes you, it is often in order to criticize you,
but in music when someone use "your" sound, it is often because s/he likes i
t. "Your" sound is then being recycled, and it is not bad at all to hear it
in another context, with a different meaning, which gives it a new life. Now
that I know Jacques Ibert's "Cortege", I can enjoy Mendelsohn.

Some people fear that their music could be "denigrated", that is because the
y are making music which can be denigrated, let them make music that cannot
be denigrated, and stop boring us with their obsolete idea of "property".

Un autre conseil : ne pas citer les emmerdeurs.

--
christophe charles
tokyo 110-0001 taitoku yanaka 3-21-5-303