Re: Hmmmmm

Subject: Re: Hmmmmm
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 20:28:19 EDT

>I agree that placing material on the Web should not be tantamount to
>placing it in the public domain. Still, to turn your point on its head, my
>environment comprises a lot of electroacoustic material, from Muzak to
>boom-cars to my neighbours loud party last Wednesday. Should I be barred
>from using any field recording containing an incidental snippet of Britney,
>or a Muzak track?

Sorry about not being clear on this. My problem is not with using someone
else's material, it's about using it without permission or acknowledgement.

An individual or corporation is free to release something into the public
domain, but it would appear to me that if someone doesn't want you to use
something of their's, that is up to them.

kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca