Re: Mixing it...

Subject: Re: Mixing it...
From: Don Malone (dmalone@roosevelt.edu)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 10:33:01 EDT

>on a regular basis. But as a listener of various types of music which use
>common technological instruments, I still hear (quoting my previous email)
>"similar aesthetic results". Maybe it's just me?!
me too!
i lost track of popular culture about thirty years ago, but have been
reintroduced via a student initiated learning styled appreciation course i
started a couple of years ago and some dj type students that are showing up
in increasing numbers. i have found incredibly beautiful ea music in all
"camps". the rhetoric is extremely variant but i hear a common aesthetic.
most verbalized distinctions are just class warfare or other culture
battles.

happy tunes
Don

downloads & events http://faculty.roosevelt.edu/malone