Re: Hmmmmm

Subject: Re: Hmmmmm
From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz (bathory@maltedmedia.com)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 09:24:21 EDT

At 00 01 05 17 1999 +0100, Chris Rolfe wrote:
>The great flaw in copyright as property lies, not in the original intent
>but in the
>legal fiction that assumes corporations to be equal to individuals
>
>I personally believe that copyright should be, sui generis,
>non-transferable.

Right on both points, from my perspective. The artificial personhood given
to corporations has always bothered me, and likewise, the transfer of
copyright doesn't seem to jibe with the original concept to encourage new
ideas. Elimination of transfer would make the artistic world a much more
interesting place, I think...

Dennis
http://kalvos.org/