Re: Mixing it...

Subject: Re: Mixing it...
From: Alexandra Hettergott (a.hettergott@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun May 16 1999 - 12:01:42 EDT

Kevin Austin wrote :
>Psychoacoustics facts .... what a great oxymoron!
Not at all ! Yet I didn't say _any_ perceiving of the "same physical entities" (this
was given as very _basic_ starting point) is necessarily taking place in a 1:1
"factual" (and generalizable) way, but there do _certainly_ exist (reliable) facts
and rules in auditory perception derived from experimentation, though it often were
labor sounds of more homogoneous nature which were tested (so they might often be not
really "fireproof" as regards a great many of those sonic events gotten from various
mixing processes, for instance. On the other hand it is the _same_ psychoacoustics
the findings of which are purposefully applied in industry today.).
Alexandra Hettergott
-- I am certainly the one bewaring of generalization ; yet it is pointless to neglect
any empirical stuff at all....