RE: Mixing it...

Subject: RE: Mixing it...
From: Mathew Adkins (m.adkins@hud.ac.uk)
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 05:09:44 EDT

        Thanks kevin - this is the way I intended the posting.

        I'm all for mixing different styles, genres etc. It is the
understanding
        of genres usually perceived as being 'different' that I am after.
The
        fact that these genres have increasingly similar names is only a
part
        of the issue.

        So much 'cross-genre' music fails because it never really gets
        to grips with what it is trying to cross. Once students understand
        what 'electroacoustic music' 'computer music' et al. are, then they
        can begin to work across boudaries in a much more informed way.

        Mathew Adkins