Position openings at the Contemporary Music Program


Subject: Position openings at the Contemporary Music Program
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Sun May 09 1999 - 11:20:50 EDT


Please respond to the College of Santa Fe...

Cheers!
Darren
===================================================================

>Dear Friends and Colleagues,
> Following are 3 position announcements for new positions - 1 staff
>and 2 faculty - in the Contemporary Music Program of the College of Santa
>Fe. I would appreciate any assistance you may be able to give in
>identifying /referring appropriate applicants, and otherwise circulating
>the position announcements.
> Thank you in advance, and take care,
>
>Steven M. Miller
>
>-------------
>
>Job Advertisement
>Technical/Facilities Manager
>Contemporary Music-Performing Arts
>
>The Contemporary Music Program of the Performing Arts Department at The
>College of Santa Fe, in Santa Fe, is accepting resumes for a technical
>staff position. This position is full-time (11 months) with benefits. The
>Technical/Facilities Manager oversees maintenance, repair and access to all
>classroom and studio audio/visual and computer equipment. This includes
>two recording studios, a computer music laboratory, faculty and staff
>computers (including networking), multiple classroom audio stations, and
>support technology for ongoing concerts, workshops and other public
>presentations. Live audio production for concerts, recitals, student
>performances, etc. will be a regular and integral part of the duties. Some
>teaching responsibilities may also be possible, depending on qualifications
>and program needs.
>
>Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in audio, music, or related field
>and minimum of three years experience working in an audio/technical
>production environment. Working knowledge of both Macintosh and PC
>operating systems and various applications. A basic understanding of a
>wide variety of audio/music technology hardware and software systems is
>essential. Audio & computer system troubleshooting, diagnosis and
>small-scale repair knowledge/experience is required. Experience in
>scheduling, accounting, technical work in an academic context and/or
>teaching experience are desirable, but not required.
>
>
>The College of Santa Fe, operating within the Lasallian tradition, is New
>Mexico's oldest institution of higher education. The College offers a
>broad range of undergraduate and some graduate level courses in both a
>traditional day program and an evening and weekend program. The main
>campus, in Santa Fe, enrolls approximately 900 students and The College of
>Santa Fe at Albuquerque approximately 600 students.
>
>Open until filled. Resume with cover letter, and the names and telephone
>numbers of three professional references (e-mail for references if
>available) may be faxed or mailed to:
>
>The Office of Human Resources
>The College of Santa Fe
>1600 St. Michael's Dr.
>Santa Fe, NM 87505-7634
>fax: (505) 473-6504
>
>Position begins: 2 August 1999
>Deadline for application: Applicant review begins 15 June, 1999
>
>The College of Santa Fe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
>
>------------------
>
>Job Advertisement
>Full-time 1-Year Position
>Music Technology Faculty
>Contemporary Music-Performing Arts
>
>The Contemporary Music Program of the Performing Arts Department at The
>College of Santa Fe, in Santa Fe, is accepting resumes for a faculty
>position in the area of Music Technology. This position is a full-time,
>1-year position with benefits, with possibility for conversion to
>tenure-track. Teaching responsibilities include the following classes:
>Recording Techniques 1 (3 credits, fall semester); Recording Techniques 2
>(3 credits, spring semester); Recording Techniques 3 (3 credits, spring
>semester); Introduction to Music Technology 1 (2 credits, fall semester);
>Introduction to Music Technology 2 (2 credits, spring semester); and
>Production Listening (3 credits, Spring Semester). Additional
>responsibilities include 4 credits per semester release time for technical
>support of student and departmental recording projects.
>
>Applicants must have a Master's degree or equivalent in audio recording or
>related field and preferably three or more years of professional teaching
>experience (preferably in higher education); extensive experience in studio
>and live recording, live sound, multi-track audio production and
>computer-based audio systems is required. In addition to the requisite
>technical skills, strong preference will be shown for a practicing musician
>with experience in popular and jazz musical forms, particularly as relates
>to in-studio performance.
>
>
>The College of Santa Fe, operating within the Lasallian tradition, is New
>Mexico's oldest institution of higher education. The College offers a
>broad range of undergraduate and some graduate level courses in both a
>traditional day program and an evening and weekend program. The main
>campus, in Santa Fe, enrolls approximately 900 students and The College of
>Santa Fe at Albuquerque approximately 600 students.
>
>Open until filled. Resume with cover letter, and the names and telephone
>numbers of three professional references (e-mail for references if
>available) may be faxed or mailed to:
>
>The Office of Human Resources
>The College of Santa Fe
>1600 St. Michael's Dr.
>Santa Fe, NM 87505-7634
>fax: (505) 473-6504
>
>Position begins: 16 August 1999
>Deadline for application: Applicant review begins 15 June, 1999
>
>The College of Santa Fe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
>
>-------------
>
>Job Advertisement
>Full-time 1-Year Position
>Performance & Composition Coordinator/Faculty
>Contemporary Music-Performing Arts
>
>The Contemporary Music Program of the Performing Arts Department at The
>College of Santa Fe, in Santa Fe, is accepting resumes for a faculty
>position in the area of Performance & Composition. This position is a
>full-time, 1-year position with benefits, with possibility for conversion
>to tenure-track. Teaching responsibilities include the following classes:
>Theory & Harmony 1 (3 credits, spring semester); Theory & Harmony 2 (3
>credits, fall semester); Jazz Theory (3 credits, spring semester); Music
>History 1 & 2 (2 credits each, fall & spring semesters); Jazz & Popular
>Music History (2 credits, fall semester); Jazz Ensemble (1 credit, fall &
>spring semesters); Act of Listening (team-taught) (1 credit, fall
>semester). Additional responsibilities include a 1/4-time administrative
>load as Performance & Composition coordinator, responsible for supervision
>of faculty, program development, and student recruiting for the Performance
>& Composition division.
>
>Applicants must have a Masters Degree or equivalent in composition,
>performance or related field and preferably three or more years of
>professional teaching experience (preferably in higher education);
>administrative experience including personnel supervision and budgeting is
>strongly desired. In addition to the requisite teaching & administrative
>skills, strong preference will be shown for a practicing musician with
>experience in popular and jazz musical forms, particularly as relates to
>composition, arranging and live performance.
>
>
>The College of Santa Fe, operating within the Lasallian tradition, is New
>Mexico's oldest institution of higher education. The College offers a
>broad range of undergraduate and some graduate level courses in both a
>traditional day program and an evening and weekend program. The main
>campus, in Santa Fe, enrolls approximately 900 students and The College of
>Santa Fe at Albuquerque approximately 600 students.
>
>Open until filled. Resume with cover letter, and the names and telephone
>numbers of three professional references (e-mail for references if
>available) may be faxed or mailed to:
>
>The Office of Human Resources
>The College of Santa Fe
>1600 St. Michael's Dr.
>Santa Fe, NM 87505-7634
>fax: (505) 473-6504
>
>Position begins: 16 August 1999
>Deadline for application: Applicant review begins 15 June, 1999
>
>The College of Santa Fe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
>
>------------------------------------------------------------
>The Contemporary Music Program - Steven M. Miller, Director
>
>The College of Santa Fe email: cmp@csf.edu
>1600 St. Michael's Drive telp: (505) 473-6196
>Santa Fe, NM 87505 fax: (505) 473-6021
>USA http://www.csf.edu/perfart/cmp/music.html
>
>
>
>

Darren Copeland

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.interlog.com/~darcope

Click on New Adventures in Sound for more information about Sound Travels.

For info about the CEC, contact their web site at:
http://cec.concordia.ca



This archive was generated by hypermail 2b27 : Wed Jun 11 2003 - 13:08:57 EDT