Re: Mixing it...

Subject: Re: Mixing it...
From: Robert J. Dow (rjd@music.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Sun May 09 1999 - 11:07:04 EDT

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Alexandra Hettergott wrote:

> Robert Dow wrote (in short) :
> 1) same technology to produce similar results (provided ;-)
> 2) same technology to produce different results
> 2b) similar (interactions with) technology to produce dissimilar results
> 3) different technologies to produce similar results
> 4) different technologies to produce different results (supposing ;-)

Or even shorter - the aesthetic content of a music need not be bound
to a particular technology.

General, yes, but IM[nv]HO (nv = 'not very' - well, you know what we Scots
are like :-) -- woops, another generalisation ...) useful as it at least
emphasises the aesthetic bit and does away with any rather unhealthy
obsessions with technology.

Robert