Lisa's course at Lancaster

Subject: Lisa's course at Lancaster
From: Lisa Whistlecroft (L.Whistlecroft@lancaster.ac.uk)
Date: Sun May 09 1999 - 11:14:21 EDT

Dear All,

Last Summer I shared with cec my excitement over being offered the
opportunity to do a 5-week module on Sonic Art for 2nd- and 3rd-year
students on our degree course at Lancaster.

This was a new experience for all concerned - my first undergraduate music
teaching, their first taste of ea within their degree course, and the first
time the department had offered ea within the History and Repertoire course
- i.e. to non-practitioners.

Several members of cec-discuss shared their thoughts and experiences with
me and some of you asked me to say how it all went in the end.

I still owe a couple of people individual updates and thanks (soon,
honest!) but in case anyone is interested, the course overview,
bibliography etc are on the Web at:
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/users/music/teaching/Lisa/

I have *started* a set of links (called 'external resources' on the course
page) to relevant organisations, articles, etc., and to composers' home
pages (where they are more than a sales list!) and I'll be delighted to add
to it so please don't flame me if your magnum opus isn't there yet. Just
tell me about it! :-)

With greetings to all and thanks to those who showed an interest in my
adventure.

Lisa

Lisa Whistlecroft, Music Dept, L.Whistlecroft@lancaster.ac.uk
Lancaster University, UK. Tel: +44 (0) 1524 593776