Re: cd burning: advice wanted

Subject: Re: cd burning: advice wanted
From: Michael Norris (michael.norris@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 06:47:52 EDT

Yves wrote:
>Same here, no trouble with Toast 3.5.6 on a G3 at any speed. Have you
>tried to boost your RAM cache? I'm using the "Generous: Speed x 2"
>setting in Toast.

With Digital Audio Extraction, it's not the RAM that counts - it's
generally the speed of the extraction, the software, the CD-ROM player, and
the CD itself.

Interestingly, I've never had any problem using Quicktime's built-in
Digital Audio Extraction; it always comes up trumps every time - so why
does Toast mangle it so badly? It's a bit annoying to have to use QT to
extract audio every time I want to copy some of my work...

Garth wrote:
>Yes, I know that, but the Toast software (not audio extractor) also says
>that it can copy an audio CD, but I have had no luck with it copying my own
>CD.

I think Adaptec need to supply us with a proviso there.... (well, they do
on their support web site).

Ciao,
-mike