Re: cd burner

Subject: Re: cd burner
From: Andrew Czink (aczink@bc.sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 12:33:44 EDT

    Well that was an unfounded and unsupported comment. Earsay has been using a
LaCie 4 times drive for 2 years without a single problem. The LaCie unit uses a
Yamaha CDR400 mechanism which is about as close to a standard in the music industy
as there is with CD burners. I don't know which mechanism the new LaCie machine
uses but in our experience the LaCie drives are extremely reliable through
hundreds of burns over an extended period. We never shut it off either, so the fan
motor is obviously fairly robust too.
    Cheers,

    Andrew

    Andrew Czink